Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Removing Dip Tube w/Beer in the Keg

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
maltoftheearth
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Removing Dip Tube w/Beer in the Keg

Perhaps a stupid question but ... I have a tap that is barely delivering beer, it has slowed to a trickle. I am thinking it may be the positioning of the dip tube OR something caught in the dip tube.

I want to remove the dip tube and clean it but there is beer in the keg. Thoughts about the best way of proceeding?

Brewed in 2014: Rye IPA, Honey Sage Ale, Belgian Golden Strong, California Common, Bavarian Style Lager, Weizen, Coffee Stout, Gruit, Gale Ale, Isle of Skye Golden clone, Oktoberfest, Rauchbier, Alpha Male IPA & Chocolate Pepper Stout.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
Soulrebel
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

No problem, just release the pressure slowly as not to lose too much carbonation. When you put the sanitized dip tube back in, you may get some foaming.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Old 04-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
kvess
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Depressurize and pull. Spray the top and everything with starsan. I would cover the opening with sanitized tin foil. Clean dip-tube and sanitize and put it back in. As long as you are anal about your sanitation you should be ok.

The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest!

Old 05-01-2012, 12:16 AM   #4
maltoftheearth
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvess View Post
Depressurize and pull. Spray the top and everything with starsan. I would cover the opening with sanitized tin foil. Clean dip-tube and sanitize and put it back in. As long as you are anal about your sanitation you should be ok.
Sounds good. I am going to poke around my poppet as well (which sounds a little gross.)

BTW - I see we are neighbors. Cool. That must be one of the first times I looked across the border at SC since I got to NC.

Brewed in 2014: Rye IPA, Honey Sage Ale, Belgian Golden Strong, California Common, Bavarian Style Lager, Weizen, Coffee Stout, Gruit, Gale Ale, Isle of Skye Golden clone, Oktoberfest, Rauchbier, Alpha Male IPA & Chocolate Pepper Stout.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
kvess
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Neighbors

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltoftheearth View Post
Sounds good. I am going to poke around my poppet as well (which sounds a little gross.)

BTW - I see we are neighbors. Cool. That must be one of the first times I looked across the border at SC since I got to NC.
Sweet! we have to get together and taste test some beer.!!
Here is my latest brew!
beer.jpg  

The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest!

Quick Reply