Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Removed aroma hops too early?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2008, 03:56 AM   #1
nevercominhome
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Removed aroma hops too early?

I brewed my second batch Sunday afternoon. It was getting late and I was in a hurry. When the boil was finished, I quickly removed the hops and started to cool, whilst forgetting that I needed to leave the aroma hops in to steep while the wort was cooling. I am hoping that this will not affect my final product too much (it was a light ale kit). Basically, I'm hoping that someone will ease my fears and tell me to RDWHAHB...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2008, 04:01 AM   #2
Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

RDWHAHB

(now you have heard it)

"Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte
“An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.” - Ernest Hemingway

Fermentation CabinetAdding Faucets to a TowerDIY HopbackPortable Kegerator

Old 03-19-2008, 05:23 AM   #3
Mr.TC
Recipes 

You should be good as long as you had left it in the boil for a least 5-10 mins. But it all depends on what you like you can always dry hop in secondary also. Just use about an ounce of leaf hops or 3/4 ounce of pellet hops and let set in there about a week if you are not satisfied....Happy brewing.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:46 AM   #4
nevercominhome
Recipes 

Thanks for the advice and the comforting! I'll just see how it turns out and it'll be a lesson learned. Until then I'll relax and patiently wait until i can have a homebrew (3 weeks and counting!)

Quick Reply