Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Red Stripe - Austin Homebrew Supply - Any tips or insight

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
oldwarrior86
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Red Stripe - Austin Homebrew Supply - Any tips or insight

Hi all...it is March in the Northeast, getting ready for a blizzard and I'm thinking about the islands. I purchased a kit last week, a Red Stripe Mini-Mash Clone from Austin HB Supply.

I'm brewing this batch for a fishing trip for with the boys in the early summer, so if it sucks, I will not hear the end of it.

This is my second batch....I pretty much have the fundamentals down, but could use some tips on how to improve this batch.

Thanks in advance for the help...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
Parker36
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Have you ever lagered before? Don't really have any one tip that can save you from the mocking other than brew more.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
ArcaneXor
Recipes 

Liked 91 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Just keep everything clean, pitch a large yeast starter, control your mash and fermentation temperatures, and do a proper, extended cold conditioning.

Good luck!

As a backup, you might want to look into doing a Cream, Koelsch or Blonde Ale - those are excellent transition ales for industrial lager drinkers that are a little easier to brew.

Kegged: Porter, Scottish 80, Pils, Orange Blossom Mead

Quick Reply