Recipies please?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtd6628

Reaction score
Anyone done a double IPA they loved? I think I am going to do this in a few weeks. I like hops and bitterness a lot! I do enjoy the orange flavors that are found in some IPAs. Extract recipes please

5 lbs 8.0 oz Amber Liquid Extract (12.5 SRM) Extract 2 47.8 %
4 lbs 8.0 oz Pilsner Liquid Extract (3.5 SRM) Extract 3 39.1 %
1.00 oz Galaxy [14.00 %] - Boil 5.0 min Hop 6 8.6 IBUs
1.00 oz Galaxy [14.00 %] - Boil 1.0 min Hop 7 1.9 IBUs
1.0 pkg Burton Ale (White Labs #WLP023) [35.49 ml] Yeast 8 -
1.00 oz Citra [12.00 %] - Boil 45.0 min Hop 4 33.8 IBUs
1.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 25.0 min Hop 5 11.7 IBUs
8.0 oz Honey (1.0 SRM) Sugar 9 4.3 %
1.00 oz Galaxy [14.00 %] - Dry Hop 0.0 Days Hop 10 0.0 IBUs
1 lbs Honey Malt (25.0 SRM)
(the honey gets dry hopped with the galaxy after a week in the fermentor and u could add orange peels if u want but the bitter ones)

I am not saying this to be a smartass, but your best bet would be to browse through the recipe section or the website, find some recipes you like and read the feedback on them. Most recipes has descriptive names are categorized into extract (sometimes the title includes a capital E to denote this) and all grain (AG). The site itself organizes them by styles as well!

To help you out if you like orange or citrus flavors, look for recipes that include cascade, simcoe, amarillo hops to name only a few!

kits are fun for the first time brewer but why not research some hops and yeast and create your own. use beersmith2 it helps a lot. my ipa has alot of citrus and has 5oz of hops.. try it you will love it... rebel brewer has all the hops and liq & extrtact

Back