Ready to Bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freedombrew

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Have what appears to be a high gravity beer going. Unfortunately, being new at this, I don't have an original gravity reading. Based on the recipe, I heard 1.062 is a good guess.

(See recipe and related discussion in my "Too much dry extract" post.)
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/too-much-dry-extract-what-will-do-127128/

Beer has looked cloudy in the carboy forever, so I took the patient approach and waited... a lot. It's about 7 weeks in primary and my gravity is 1.020 (took a couple of readings about 5 days apart).

So the question is... am I done, am I stuck? Was planning to go ahead and bottle, but wanted to make sure my gravity wasn't too high to do it.

Any advice?

If it's not moving, I'd go ahead and bottle.

I've had some extract brews that had the dreaded "1.020 curse" and wouldn't budge no matter what I did. It may have a bit more residual sweetness than you had planned, but it still should be fine.

Thanks for the sanity check.

Just looked at the beer calculus link... awesome tool. Will have to use it to check my conversion next time.

Sounds like I've got some bottling to do.

Back