Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Read...Read...Read and be patient

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
BrewersKaramazov
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Read...Read...Read and be patient

This is my first post as a new brewer. I got a kit for Christmas and started reading these forums before I even went and picked it up. For any other newbs out there, this is an incredible source of info. I brewed my first batch Dec 29. Ten days later the foam had dropped and bubbles had slowed to maybe one a minute. I took a gravity reading and figured fermentation was about done....but the beer had a lot of bitter aftertaste. Because I had read the forums, I decided to wait it out. Last night I bottled a wonderful flowery pale ale that tasted great straight out of the secondary. I have a feeling this is going to be one I can be proud of.

And of course I immediately started a small batch of Berliner Weiss, a brewers reserve that I tasted at Full Sail in Hood River a few years ago. As of 8:30 this morning it was bubbling merrily along.

Thanks so much for all the great info on these forums.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
bduede
Recipes 

+1!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
ButcherBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewersKaramazov View Post
This is my first post as a new brewer. I got a kit for Christmas and started reading these forums before I even went and picked it up. For any other newbs out there, this is an incredible source of info. I brewed my first batch Dec 29. Ten days later the foam had dropped and bubbles had slowed to maybe one a minute. I took a gravity reading and figured fermentation was about done....but the beer had a lot of bitter aftertaste. Because I had read the forums, I decided to wait it out. Last night I bottled a wonderful flowery pale ale that tasted great straight out of the secondary. I have a feeling this is going to be one I can be proud of.

And of course I immediately started a small batch of Berliner Weiss, a brewers reserve that I tasted at Full Sail in Hood River a few years ago. As of 8:30 this morning it was bubbling merrily along.

Thanks so much for all the great info on these forums.
Welcome and CONGRATS!
Bottled - Nope...
Keg: -
#1 Goodnight Sunshine Wheat
#2 Oatmeal Stout
#3 Butcher's Brown Ale
#4 Hoparillo IPA

Plum Creek Brewing

Old 01-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
beergolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 363 Times on 297 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Sounds great.

I also brewed my first batch on the 29th. and of course spending hours and hours reading the great wealth of info here, I still have not bottled mine yet. Probably this wekend.

I already have another batch fermenting.

Of course I am already thinking about what to brew next.

Quick Reply