Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Re-pitch yeast before bottling?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
Beer4U
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Re-pitch yeast before bottling?

Hey guys. First, thank you for all the help and support I have received thus far. I've had a chocolate/coffee stout in the secondary for the better part of 2 and a half months at least. Is it necessary to pitch in more yeast before bottling, or just add priming sugar? If I should, what kind of yeast should I use and how much? Thanks a ton guys!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010, 11:06 PM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You probably don't need it, but if you're worried, just sprinkle a pack of dry yeast on top of your priming sugar mixure before you add the beer. As long as it's not a really fruity yeast like belgian yeast, you won't notice much of a flavor. US-05 should do the trick.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 03-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
whatsleftofyou
Third Eye Pried Wide
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

No need to add yeast. I've had beers sit for longer than that and have never had to add yeast at bottling. Never had a carbonation issue.

On Tap: Orange Chocolate Stout, Belgian Wit, Chocolate Rye Ale, Belgian Singel, American Pale Ale
Bottled: PB&J Sweet Stout, Belgian Saison, Brown Porter

Quick Reply