Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Questions: F.G. and Settling of Celis White Clone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
ddwill
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Questions: F.G. and Settling of Celis White Clone

I have a celis white clone (5gal) to which I added approximately 1.5 cups of juice from crushed berries before putting in primary.

Q1) I assume that the addition of fruit juice would lower the expected F.G below just the celis recipe (1.011), but how low before I bottle?

Q2) I know whitbeer should be "hazy" and I did not use any flocculants, but could I or should I cold crash the carboy to remove heavier sediment before bottling?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Oh, yeah, I unfortunately do not have my recipe with me, I am out of town, but I have been very excited about bottling as soon as I get home. Cause I know someone is going to ask to see the bill.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 613 Times on 355 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Q1) I assume that the addition of fruit juice would lower the expected F.G below just the celis recipe (1.011), but how low before I bottle?

Adding fermentable won't necessarily lower your FG...unless they are very simple sugars. You're actually increasing the OG as well so the drop will be relative to your starting point. As far as bottling, wait until your final gravity has stopped moving for at least 1 week to insure fermentation is complete.

Q2) I know whitbeer should be "hazy" and I did not use any flocculants, but could I or should I cold crash the carboy to remove heavier sediment before bottling?

If you did a decent job of straining solids out during the brewing/racking, there shouldn't be a lot of extra "stuff". No need to cold crash.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply