Hello people. Long time lurker here, decided it was about time I interacted. Quick question now...
Ok, I currently have a batch of Honey Brown Ale in my primary fermentor. It has been in there for about 2 1/2 days. When it initially fermented, I had some serious blow over, my first time with that. I woke up on Thursday morning to there literally being foam spraying out of the top of my airlock, all the way to my ceiling (the lid stayed on at least) Either way, after panicking, dry heaving a bit and thinking my beer was shot to ****, I got one of those tubes, ran the foam off, and there are no problems as far as I know..... but I'm a grasshopper.
However, the real question now is on secondary fermentation. It appears as if the initial fermentation is over, literally no bubbles... maybe one every few minutes I'm missing. Should I leave the wort in there another few days, or just go straight to the secondary? Something tells me to just leave it there for the week or to be safe, but is that safe? I don't know, so I am making this thread.
Thanks for the help