The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Question about yeast after bottling

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #11
Hockeyhunter99
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

learning to pour a homebrew is part of the game. some of the guys on here could probably pour a clear beer without losing much from the bottom. others will pour most, swirl the bottom and dump in (wheats mostly)

i pour at an angle slowly until i see sediment. still working on my technique for the perfect pour. (some will argue a perfect pour is one that hits the bottom of the glass )

let it cold condition for a while yet and it should turn out clearer.

Brost (Boobs)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #12
Tamarack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by demens View Post
I knew there would be yeast on the bottom on the bottles, i just thought it would look differently.

I've seen floating chuncks in Porters, or sometimes in Wheat beer. I always thought that was it and thats what i was expecting. But this sediment doesn't look like fluffy harmless chucks, it looks like mud.
Different yeasts can look and taste very different. Most of them taste good too.
Also, you can definitely drink a homebrew out of the bottle, but you'll notice the flavor will change as you get closer to the bottom.

As a loose rule, if it smells good while fermenting, the sediment will probably be good -if you like it 'hefe' (with yeast).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply