*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Question about spoiling

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
ksmeat
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Question about spoiling

I am really interested in using a a counter pressure bottle filler, but I really want to do a decent throughput of batches without tying up fridge space. I understand that I need to cool both the keg and the bottles. However, after that is done, I plan on putting most of the bottles in the basement to age, and allowing them to heat up to near room temperature. Will that affect the taste of the beer at all?

Sorry if this has already been answered before, I spent about 20 minutes with the search function and came up with nothing.

Thanks for the help!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
Rick500
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It'll be fine.

Some types of beer age more gracefully than others, but they're not going to spoil.

Lighter-flavored beers are generally better younger, and heavier-flavored beers tend to get better with age.

But don't worry about it, it'll be fine.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply