The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > question about rinsing off bleach

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2008, 10:56 AM   #11
TheOceaneer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

+1 on mail-ordering StarSan. It's not very expensive, and a bottle will last forever if used wisely. I only do one batch at a time, so I usually make a 5 gallon bucket when I make my starter, and that lasts me (covered) through bottling day. At this rate, I will need another bottle of StarSan in...three years?

Caveat: I'm a freak about sanitation; I won't let any un-sanitized substance or surface contact my wort.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2008, 02:25 PM   #12
Jakobrau
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wow, thanks for all the quick replies guys! Always nice to have a friendly and active forum when starting a new hobby

I shall go with bleach then for sanitizing. I have confidence in our public tap water here - it's odorless, colorless, and tastes just fine.

Now if I can just find an odorless antibacterial dish soap I'll be all set. What do you guys use that can easily be found locally? I was at Walmart the other day and it's all lavender this and watermelon kiwi that...

If I can't find anything this weekend I'll just pickup some oxyclean as per the sticky.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #13
DeadYetiBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_boben
Wow, thanks for all the quick replies guys! Always nice to have a friendly and active forum when starting a new hobby

I shall go with bleach then for sanitizing. I have confidence in our public tap water here - it's odorless, colorless, and tastes just fine.

Now if I can just find an odorless antibacterial dish soap I'll be all set. What do you guys use that can easily be found locally? I was at Walmart the other day and it's all lavender this and watermelon kiwi that...

If I can't find anything this weekend I'll just pickup some oxyclean as per the sticky.
Chemically Oxyclean and Cascade dishsoap are the same....

I actually read that somewhere on here and i can vouch it cleans just as well, and removes bottles labels just as well too...

Quick Reply