Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Question About Cold Aging?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
Maveric777
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Question About Cold Aging?

I had bottle of my week old Stout last night and even though it was still a little sweet I could not get over how great it was. My friend and I where discussing how in another couple of weeks this thing will be dead on what where looking for. We also got to talking about how to stop the flavor change. I know the longer you let it age the more the flavor will change.

So I was wondering if I think it taste great and want to try and retain that certain level should I stick them in the fridge to slow the aging down? I am sure it wont stop it, but by doing this will it help slow the change down?

Thanks.....

P.S. Did I mention how awesome that stout was?.....lol

On Deck - Imperial Stout, American Blond, Amber Mock Bock, "Cricket" #2

Primary - Dunkelweizen, Apfelwein

Bottled - Amber Wheat, Stout, Hefeweizen, Porter, Best Bitter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Yes getting them cold will slow down conditioning/flavor change. Often my stouts take a while to age out and get good, I probably should store the kegs outside of the fridge to hasten that.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply