Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Problems with my first brew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
Ratphink120
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Problems with my first brew

My roommates and I made some American Bock Friday night with very little problems. We poured the Wart and yest into a fermenter with an airlock. Everything was fine, it was bubbling nicely. Then Tuesday night we saw that some yeast got into the airlock and the water was all cloudy. The wart is still bubbling, I'm just wondering what I should do, or if the batch is too for gone.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 06:51 AM   #2
ifishsum
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Sounds like you had a minor blowoff, it's no problem unless your airlock clogs up and stops venting - that can cause a mess when the lid of your fermenter blows off under the pressure. If the bubbling has slowed dome some, give the airlock a quick rinse and resanitize and replace it. If it's still going strong, consider replacing the airlock with a blowoff tube for a couple of days. That is simply a sanitized hose attached to the fermenter, with the other end in a jug of water to keep germs out.

Either way your batch of beer should be just fine.

Primary 2: Edwort's Robust Porter
Secondary 1: LW Pale Ale
Secondary 1: Blackened Soul RIS
Kegged: Dead Guy Ale
Kegged: Rye Pale Ale
Kegged: Haus Pale Ale
Kegged: Nut Brown Ale
Kegged: Afrikan Amber
Kegged: Jock Scott Ale
Kegged: Afrikan Amber

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply