Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Priming sugar

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #1
salb29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default Priming sugar

I bottled my first beers today but a little worried on how I primed it, I used 4.5 oz for 5 gal nut brown ale, I'm not worried about that part, part I'm worried about is that I boiled 2/3 cups of water only and then added sugar to it, shut heat off and let stand for 10 min, I then for some reason began to syphon beer into bottling bucket without the priming sugar, I got maybe a couple of inches of beer before I realized, shut syphon off and then added priming sugar, is this something I need to worry about? Im thinking it might not of mixed evenly? It's bottled though, just don't want to flat of beers or bottle bombs, any advice would be great. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #2
CBMbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Your beer should be fine.

Happiness is in the eye of the beer holder

Old 02-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
WoodlandBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Perfect. That's the way I do it. Adding boiling, or near boiling, water to a plastic bucket seems to leach some plastic flavors. HDPE is rated to 190°F. although the bucket will survive higher temperatures it's probably best not to exceed that.

The 2nd edition is now available: Brewing Engineering
Woodland Brewing Research Blog Applied Science for Better Beer.

Quick Reply