Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Primary = primary /Secondary = primary?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 03:49 AM   #1
T8rAleKing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Primary = primary /Secondary = primary?

I have read thru the "When to go from Primary to Secondary, if at all" blog for the past 2 days. I have come to the conclusion especially with a lot of the experienced brewmasters on here that: I can now turn my secondary (read carboy) into another primary since I really don't need to do a transfer. This way I can get my next batch up and running, er fermenting I mean. Then when my existing primary is ready for carb & conditioning, transfer primary to bottling bucket and bottle away. Then when secondary, er 2nd primary (read carboy) is ready for carb & conditioning, transfer into bottling bucket and bottle away there.

2 batches fermenting at the same time, wow what a novel idea and I will have ten gallons in the pipeline at a time depending on what type brew I am making...is this correct in my thinking here? TIA

T8r Salad
Sick My Duck Brewery

"Always remember, a cat looks down on a man, a dog looks up to a man, but a pig will look a man straight in the eye & see his equal." Sir Winston Churchill
Salud, my friend.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 03:53 AM   #2
eastoak
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 151 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 83

yes it is, use all of your fermentors as primary fermentors. 1 have 3-4 6.5 buckets, an 18 gallon LME barrel, a 30L speidel plastic tank, and 3-4 better bottles. recently all but 2 better bottles had beer fermenting in them, had an all day bottling marathon yesterday.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply