Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > primary flowed out of airlock?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2005, 10:59 PM   #1
JOHN51277
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts

Default primary flowed out of airlock?

this is my first brew with a 6 gal carboy and airlock, I came home from work and found a mess in my garage. I cleaned it up on the outside, then filled a pitcher with star-san. i then sanitized a section of tubing and a new stopper and replaced the airlock with the hose to the pitcher of sanitizer water. did I do this right of did I perhaps contaminate the brew??
Oh I am making a german raspberry wheat, and used wyeast smackpack.

On Deck: Centennial Blonde, Midnight IIPA
Primary: SMaSH Citra/2 Row, KBS Clone
Secondary: ???
Kegged:
Bottled: Gulf Oil Spill Stout, Breakfast Stout, Amarillo SMaSH, Orange Wit, RIPA Oak/Bourbon Aged, Barleywine, Apfelwein,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2005, 11:04 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 132 Times on 125 Posts

Sounds like a blowout. Since the flow is out, the beer is fine. You did exactly the right thing. Clean up the bubbler and replace it once the outflow is over.

And thanks for shutting off the caps, they are tough to read.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 11-21-2005, 11:06 PM   #3
JOHN51277

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts

sorry about the caps david. at work the program I use all day requires all caps, and I forget to turn the caps lock off. thanks for the quick answer

On Deck: Centennial Blonde, Midnight IIPA
Primary: SMaSH Citra/2 Row, KBS Clone
Secondary: ???
Kegged:
Bottled: Gulf Oil Spill Stout, Breakfast Stout, Amarillo SMaSH, Orange Wit, RIPA Oak/Bourbon Aged, Barleywine, Apfelwein,

Quick Reply