Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Preparing for my First Brew Day

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 01:34 AM   #11
Bacchus00
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

With the Belgian Tripel, I think I read that the beer is best fermenting at around 65 for the first couple days (or week) gradually moving it up to around 70 over the next week after that or so?

If this is true, in my basement where I have to ferment for now, I do not have the ability to control the temperature. Right now I have a bucket of water sitting in a few different places with the sticky LCD Thermometer reading around 61-63 and I took a reading with a basic digital thermometer that read between 59-61 over the past two nights/days. Of course the fermentation would heat up the batch a couple degrees, but my only other option would to put my fermenting bucket in the small shower (doesn't get used), and use a radiator plugged into a cheap plug in thermostat control from Lowes or Home Depot.... Would this conceivably do the trick until I can afford a Dual Stage Thermostat Control to use in combination with the freezer chest and a heat lamp/paint can trick/space heater?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply