Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Possible infection?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
hercher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBrob View Post
Sound like you may have got things excited in there when you moved it around. Should be fine, but send me a sample to make sure. Prime and bottle it, in 3weeks tell us how good it is. Cheers
+1. To be completely accurate, I'll need to conduct a full analysis of the beer. Please send me 6 bottles.

Primary: Amber Ale. :(
Seconary: Don't use one, generally
Kegged: Stein beer
Planned: Saison, pale ale, brown ale

"For a quart of ale is a dish for a king." - Shakespeare

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
NOISEpollution
Recipes 

Well, I bottled it and forgot to take a picture but after looking through the infection thread I'm starting to think its brett. The bubbles are white just like the ones in most of the pictures I saw. The only thing confusing me is that in the pictures, the entire carboy is engulfed in the bubbles while I only had one or two bubbles about the size of a nickel. Also, it was on oak chips for a couple of weeks and I read that brett can come from oak. I didn't really notice any huge difference in smell or taste though.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #13
tedscastle
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercher

+1. To be completely accurate, I'll need to conduct a full analysis of the beer. Please send me 6 bottles.
Just to make sure the test is thorough, you should send another 6 here. If you did this with 4 others, you would probably have some fairly accurate results.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #14
BOBrob
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOISEpollution View Post
Well, I bottled it and forgot to take a picture but after looking through the infection thread I'm starting to think its brett. The bubbles are white just like the ones in most of the pictures I saw. The only thing confusing me is that in the pictures, the entire carboy is engulfed in the bubbles while I only had one or two bubbles about the size of a nickel. Also, it was on oak chips for a couple of weeks and I read that brett can come from oak. I didn't really notice any huge difference in smell or taste though.
Seriously now, if it is Brett you will know in a few weeks when you drink it. Brett infection on your equipment will have to be removed by cleaning with bleach water solution, and a quat sanatizer (Quaternary amonia) solution .You can get quat at Sams or Wally world for a few bucks. I would be happy to sample a Lambic for you.Cheers

Quick Reply