Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Possible Fermentation Problem with First Homebrew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Hogsooey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Possible Fermentation Problem with First Homebrew

I am brewing my first beer - an English Pale Ale (kit). My primary fermenter is a 6.5 gallon carboy. During the first 24 hours, fermentation went quite well. After that, fermentation diminished, not completely, but almost. It has now been in the fermenter for roughly 2.3 days as of now. It doesn't seem like much is going on, but I think I may have a minute, minute amount of fermentation. I am fairly sure I have a good seal and the temperature in the room is 70 degrees. Is there anything I can or should do at this point to help? I was figuring on just leaving it for about another week in the primary and then transfering to a 5 gallon carboy for another week and just seeing what I got. I have a couple of ideas why I may be having these problems, but at this point, I am mainly wondering if there is anything I can do or should do to help with fermentation. Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
todd_k

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

did you take a hydrometer reading? fermentation may be done, that happens sometimes. I'd say stick to your plan and you should be fine.

If you haven't already read this, check this site out:

www.howtobrew.com

Primary:
Secondary:
Conditioning:
Kegged:

Old 02-13-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 30

And this one.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/ind...Common_Worries

Old 02-13-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
Hogsooey
Recipes 

Thanks for the links. I haven't taken a hydrometer reading since it has been in the carboy. I'll do that.

Quick Reply