Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > pitched the yeast when it was way too hot

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #21
Cascadie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
I just opened the packet and poured it in and then stirred it, while steam was still rising up, lol.
I was noticing the temp of my Pumpkin Ale on friday and it stopped steaming at around 120-130 degrees, and if it was still warm in the morning, I'd guess you were quite hot when you pitched the yeast. I guess if it were very cool in the house that would make a difference in the amount of steam.

I'm a real noob believe me, but if these guys think it can be salvaged by putting yeast in now, I'd be very encouraged.

Good luck, and I hope you post the results of this!

"Fear can always frighten up a few disciples, but nothing can convert true identity." - Michael Hedges
------------------------
Primary1:Gluten Free Ale
Primary2:
Bottled: Cincinnati Pale Ale, Blaubeere/Apfelwein, Cascade Orange Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply