Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > PID control options?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
drkwoods
DarkWoods
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default PID control options?

I want to add PID's to my system. Here's what I want to do and I need your opinion because Im new to this.

I have a propane fired HERMS system with HEX in my HLT. I want to control my HLT temps and my BK temps. (pretty standard) I may want to incorporate a timing system too. I also have a side by side fridge I want to control the freezer side as my Keezer and the refrigerator side as a fermentation/Lagering chamber. I want to do all this using PID controllers but I want them all to be the same model (less learning curve) and simple to install (because Im not super electrical saavy) If you could chime in, or direct me to a link I may have missed, opinions appreciated.. thnx in advance

drkwoods
DarKWoods Brewing
My Unique Single Tier Brut-esque HERMS Build:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/single-tier-herms-build-293204/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
pola0502ds
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would check out www.auberins.com

Thats where I bought mine from, a lot of good derscriptions on their website. The directions that come with the PIDs also have examples on how to set up/wire for beer systems, etc..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply