Well mine was a partial mash, so it was contained in a bag. I ended up having to mash longer because I relied on a crappy meat thermometer which gives readings 15 degrees higher than reality (no wonder my rares were coming out medium). Got a lab thermometer instead and after letting it sit at 140 for an hour, finally got it to 155 and mashed it.
I got a crazy high mash efficiency though, something like 92% (if my reading of the hydrometer was correct).
It smells a heck of a lot like pumpkin pie though. I'll probably rack it off the trub on the 29th and let it bright/condition and put some spice tea in for two weeks before bottling.