Last week to Enter the Spike Brewing 20 Gallon Sight Glass Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Is Palmer's Cincinnati Pale Ale Good?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #1
MT_Keg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Is Palmer's Cincinnati Pale Ale Good?

Hey all,

I plan on brewing Palmer's Cincinnati Pale Ale recipe this weekend (my first brew)... Is this recipe any good? Is it worth brewing 5 gallons of? (I kind of wanted to start using extract and hops then move onto extract, specialty grains and hops after a few brews) I have noticed many people have made it but have never discussed if the flavors were any good.

Just wondering.

Thanks,

MT

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #2
jethro55
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I have not brewed this one exactly, but do believe that it will be very good. You'l be following a very good instructor. Get excited man !!! It'll be good!

Next Up: Superbowl Stout

Old 02-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
meteorbrews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This was my first brew as well. I turned out OK/drinkable despite my several errors, which included pushing the bung into the fermenter and fishing it out with a coat hanger AND a blow out. I aged a 6 pack for over a year and it actually tasted really good. Just goes to show that time heals all beer wounds too. So long as you follow the rules it'll turn out good!

Cheers.

"Beer that is not drunk had missed its vocation."

Up Next: Anything! Something to use up my citra.
Primary: Cider
Bottled: Winter Warm Front, EdWort's Raspberry Apfelwein, Red Dawn Raspberry Wheat

Quick Reply