Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > overcooled wort

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #12
Chad
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

If you have your airlock in a stopper in the lid, the stopper will accommodate the 3/8" vinyl tubing that seems to be standard issue in homebrew shops. It's a tight fit but you can do it. Remove the airlock, jam the tubing into the stopper, put the stopper back in the lid, and place the free end of the tubing into a container mostly filled with sanitizing solution. Instant blowoff tube.

Chad

www.chadwrites.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #13
TimBilly
Recipes 

2:39 pm (3 mb movie)

Old 11-09-2007, 07:04 PM   #14
TimBilly
Recipes 

Thanks, chad that seems to be working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
If you have your airlock in a stopper in the lid, the stopper will accommodate the 3/8" vinyl tubing that seems to be standard issue in homebrew shops. It's a tight fit but you can do it. Remove the airlock, jam the tubing into the stopper, put the stopper back in the lid, and place the free end of the tubing into a container mostly filled with sanitizing solution. Instant blowoff tube.

Chad

Old 11-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #15
TimBilly
Recipes 

Just an update - it's been bottle conditioned for 2 weeks now, and it's great. I think I tasted a bit of sourness (still very, very young for RIS), but it has passed several blind taste tests* with flying colors. Has some real subtle smoky malt flavors, strong hop bitterness, pours like oil, awesome head, heavy lacing, and it's definitely high alcohol (calculations say 8.5%). I plan on going through about a 12 pack at Christmas, and saving the rest for next year.

*Pouring a half glass, handing it to a beer-loving friend and asking, "tell me what you think about this beer I just bought." If you want an honest opinion, don't tell them it's homebrew till after they critique it.

Quick Reply