The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Other hobbies besides brewing?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
OHIOSTEVE
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default Other hobbies besides brewing?

I was reading the guys thread about building his new brew shed in the DIY section. It got me to thinking about all of the different hobbies I have had and how my wife has put up with all of it without a word.........I learned to walk dragging a guitar around, so that hobby has been with me forever. Since we have been married I have went through stages where I would have 6-7 guitars at once. Including some expensive ones. Then I would have none, then go buy more........
Then I got really involved in hunting with terriers. I got so involved I became a judge with the Jack Russell Terrier Club of America, and built 8 very expensive kennels,I was so into it I was hunting 6-7 days a week for a long while, even missing work to go hunting. still have the dogs but hunt them very little anymore.......
Then I got into American bulldogs and doing hog catching and bite work. Payed a grand for a puppy( still have him years later ) and bought a few others that were no good. lost interest in all of that............
Then I got into weight lifting and nutrition filled my shed with equipment. Dropped 96 pounds and was in very good shape. Hurt my back and have a shed full of dust covered weights and power rack etc....oh yeah I am fat again too.............
At the same time I got into the wights I discovered judo and ju jitsu. Earned my brown belt in judo, fought a tourney and won it...Got really good and was really enjoying it until the back injury...Now I have gis that don't fit and haven't been on a mat in a year or more.........
Got really into handguns ( concealed carry license) and collecting them. Had 32 handguns at one time along with rifles and shotguns. was shooting all the time and suddenly now I have my carry gun and a 22 rifle.....everything else has been sold or given away..............
Then I got really into bow shooting a couple of years ago. Discovered I have a natural knack for it. bought 3 expensive bows joined a target league and went for the new guy to a #1 team shooter.....average 300 with 48 X's . Did that for one season ( this was a relapse from years back when I got into bow hunting and killed a pope and young buck my third day ever hunting) went bow hunting last year and killed a nice doe. After spending all of that money I haven't picked up my target or hunting bow in months.......
Now I am into the brewing. Carboys and fermenting buckets setting everywhere....bottles and equipment...through all of this stuff my wife has jumped right in to help with whjatever I am doing. I think she must be mother teresa reincarnated sometimes...others though not so much lol.....
What hobbies are you guys into other than brewing? And are your wives supportive of it or just tolerant?

BALDGUT BREWS

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
OHIOSTEVE
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 26

BTW I put paragraphs in my posts but a computer glitch removes them

BALDGUT BREWS

Old 11-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4604 Times on 4299 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Photography and home cinema.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
knightbeer39
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

archaeology (career and hobby), backpacking and outdoors stuff, and golf

Old 11-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #5
fatguy-littlecoat
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Guitar, Aquariums, Poker(play as much as we can in our neighborhood), Photography, Notre Dame Football since birth, Video Gaming..

Old 11-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
craigd
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

LOL, you sound like me. My wife says I collect hobbies as a hobby. I have most of a Harley in the garage that I have been collecting parts for over the past 10 years. I have a ham license, lots of fishing gear, too many computers, plenty of guns. I bake bread from scratch and sometimes run my smoker all day. Beer is one that has been around a while but I go through phases of heavy brewing and then none for a bit.

-Craig

Old 11-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 381 Times on 301 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Photography, drawing, MMA, hockey, playing bass guitar, traveling, making snotty youtube movies, shootin' things...

murr
Kegged
Modified Warbler Pale Ale (with wet-hop addition&different yeast)

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Old 11-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #8
Handle
Recipes 

Fiction and screenplay writing, my Miata, Carolina Panthers football.

My wife is great, but she's not that supportive of the brewing (which might explain why I've finally gathered all of the equipment but have yet to brew). She thinks I talk about beer too much, and she's probably right.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #9
smmcdermott
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Notre Dame football was a good one....ME TOO!!!!

Yankees, Giants...etc.. Playing any sport I can (basketball, soccer, softball, ultimate, ping pong, hockey, you name it, I play it)

Memorabilia...lots and lots....mostly Yankee, but some giants in there as well.

Paintball for 3 years or so...spent a lot on that one, before the ****ty electronic stuff, had an autococker, correction, still have. That gun was easily $1,000.

Cycling, just got into that 3 years ago, nothing wuite like going 40 MPH on your own strength.

Homebrewing....absolutely love it.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #10
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 508 Times on 391 Posts
Likes Given: 75

I light farts

You can see me lighting farts at www.surrealized.com

Steven Hawking ~ As we say in science, the England football team couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo

Last edited by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible; 11-02-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Quick Reply