Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Opinions on Baron's Premium Beer Kits?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
rx_mike
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Opinions on Baron's Premium Beer Kits?

I've been a wine maker for a few years (kit wines) and wanted to make the jump to beer but was a little confused about the boiling steps, etc. and figured it'd be easiest to jump in with something similar to wines.

I found the Baron's Premium kits at my LHBS but haven't found much information or threads on these. Are they new products or just not very popular? They're a 5 L wort concentrate that you dilute up to 23L. No boiling, just toss in the primary and secondary once it hits 1.020.

Has anyone tried these? Are they any good or should I move on to something else to encourage a beginner?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
BruDaddy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have no experience with these kits, but a no boil kit doesn't sound all that good to me. The boiling steps for beer are not that difficult and there are a lot of kits that will take you through step by step. Lots of on-line home brew suppliers have good kits (Austin Homebrew, Midwest are a couple that folks rave about) and there are a few name brands that are OK. All generally have easy to follow instructions. Also recommend checking out the 'how to brew' website. How to Brew - By John Palmer - Introduction

This has a lot of easy to digest info.

Really, I think you will be much happier with home brewing if you go with a kit or recipe that requires boiling.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply