Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Oops! -or- Mistakes you made when you knew better.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
Rook
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Oops! -or- Mistakes you made when you knew better.

Quote:
There are no mistakes in home brewing, just limited edition specials
I brewed up my first partial mash of the new house and I'm fermenting in a carboy. I've never done primary fermentation in a carboy. I usually use my bottling bucket, but I thought what the heck. Now I remember WHY I don't ferment in carboys. There really isn't enough headspace in a 5 gallon carboy for 5 gallons of beer to have a really active fermentation. Oops.

Its not a major problem, but I simply brainfarted. I'm sure the beer will be fine.

Anyone else have any "DOH!" moments?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2009, 01:41 AM   #2
Nurmey
I love making Beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I had the exact same brain fart once. Doh!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:53 AM   #3
BullF-16
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

becoming frustrated while racking from secondary carboy into keg with 2 ounces of leaf hops in carboy. Got tired of hops clogging the muslin bag i had over the end of the racking cane. this kept stopping the flow of the wort. Instead of starting the flow correctly after the 3rd stoppage, i used my mouth the next 2 times. got lucky, no infection.

Quick Reply