Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > one batch and a bought this

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #11
Jamming
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr View Post
Well,lagers need to ferment around 50F. And the effective range of cooper's ale yeast,for example,is 62-72F. Many ale yeast fit this example,& the lower end of the range being cleaner & less estery.
So ales can be cleaner tasting at the lower end of the range,regardless of how light or dark it is.
Thank you for that ! Just finished and racked a dark ale and its very good but being a rookie it might be a bit harsh is the word comes to mind but the head is very creamy, and nice very slight bitterness at the end.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #12
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Sorry to threadjack, but I'm pretty excited myself, got about 50 batches done myself and just picked up this bad boy:

Super Jealous Making Fermentation Vessel

I kid, I kid.

Congratulations on the new conical!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 11-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #13
JJL
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
Sorry to threadjack, but I'm pretty excited myself, got about 50 batches done myself and just picked up this bad boy:

Super Jealous Making Fermentation Vessel
Oh sweet! Where can I get one of those bad boys?

Old 11-08-2011, 11:07 PM   #14
starrfish
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 25

don't be afraid to push the upper end of temps for some fruity esters on certain ale yeasts. I like that addition to many english styles. Nice set up wish i had the space & the $. welcome! just a bit of equipment envy!

“Son, you are a walking violation of the laws of nature, but you’re lucky, we don't enforce them laws.”
Jamming Likes This 
Old 11-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #15
Jamming
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Forum won't let me quote for some reason.
My wife asked me and I said a Blichmann ferminator would you have said bucket. Lol ! Then she said " what else" now I have three keggles coming
But she hasn't seen the bill yet, if you don't see me come back you will know what happened.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:14 AM   #16
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Well, it was nice knowing you!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Quick Reply