Okay Noob Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloodystout

Reaction score
Just Purchased a NB Smashing Pumpkin Kit. I don't plan on brewing for at least a week or two. Possibly three. Do I need to refrigerate the LME and Steeping Grains? The grains come pre crushed. Thanks in advance!

the lme, no. the grains? i'd throw them in the freezer since you don't know how long till brew-time. 1 week, ok, 2 weeks, yeah. 3 weeks, freezer, since they're already crushed

LME.. definately no need to refridgerate. Grains... You can get away with not refridgerating for two or three weeks. If you want to. But less than laxidasical folk might prefer to play it safe. Freezer might be better than fridge.

LuckyDuck said:
No reason to fridge the LME or Grains...BUT be sure to fridge the Yeast and Hops

Thanks. I knew to refrigerate the yeast right away, but I did not know to refrigerate the hops. Thanks!

Thanks everyone. Ill go ahead and pop the grains in the freezer once I get them just to be safe. I'm pretty excited to brew this one up. Seeing as pumpkin ales are my favorite of all seasonal brews. Plus I need something to keep my mind off of the caribou in the fermenter.

Back