Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > NYC Brewers - Let me watch/help?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #11
Pivzavod
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHomebrewer View Post
First of all, if you live in NYC you should be buying your kits from Danielle and Benjamin at Brooklyn Homebrew. Without our support their venture may fail and it is so nice having a local source of grain and equipment that we don't have to pay shipping or worry about the UPS/Fedex guys!

www.brooklyn-homebrew.com

Secondly... I brew all grain. I live up in Harlem and have basically called off my brewing until the hottest part of summer is over. Even with a ghetto chiller, with an ambient temperature of a bazillion degrees in my apartment I can't keep the wort chilled enough during the summer months. I will probably start again in September and you will be welcome to come and brew a batch with me then. You should check out the two local homebrew clubs and meet some of your fellow homebrewers. There is the New York City Homebrewers Guild in Manhattan and the Malted Barley Appreciation Society in Brooklyn. Both are awsome and filled with great folks.

Thats why you have to brew Saisons during summer months

Primary: 04/29 Pomegranate Nectarine Apfelwein, 05/23 Petite Saison
Secondary:
Kegs drinking: AHS Midnight Wheaten Stout 03/18 - 04/14 - 04/28,
Kegs conditioning: 01/29 - 04/29 Cranberry Apfelwein, 04/29-05/23 Petite Saison
RIP: 11/07-11/28-01/29-05/04-11/17 Flanders Brown Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #12
BrettV
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHomebrewer View Post
First of all, if you live in NYC you should be buying your kits from Danielle and Benjamin at Brooklyn Homebrew. Without our support their venture may fail and it is so nice having a local source of grain and equipment that we don't have to pay shipping or worry about the UPS/Fedex guys!

www.brooklyn-homebrew.com
I have bought everything I've used for brewing, ingredients and equipment from Brooklyn Homebrew. I called and e-mailed Benjamin multiple times during my first brew session, and he was incredibly patient and helpful. I will definitely continue to give them my business.

I do belong to the NYC Homebrewers Guild yahoo group, just haven't made it to a meeting yet. I definitely plan on it, though. Haven't heard of the Brooklyn group, but I'll check them out. Thanks!

Primary: Big Bear IPA, Petits Jour de Chien Saison
Secondary: Empty
Bottled: K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simcoe Stupid) Pale Ale, Little Bear Kolsch
Planning: RyePA, Nutella Stout

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply