Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Nothing that can kill you can grow in your beer...
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #101
DannyD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Yeah, but we know there's an even greater threat in our beer, the dreaded dihydrogen monoxide.

but serously if heard of people killed by this!!!!!! NEVER underestimate the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide. Here in south africa things are so bad its basicaly raining the "stuff"

Bwhaaaaahhaaaa.....good one, took me a minute, but good one!!!

Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2012, 05:56 AM   #102
homebrewdad
Recipes 

Liked 327 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk6006 View Post
If pathogens dont grow on beer or in tell me this. Why do we sanitize everything? Why even bother?
Because wild yeasts and other microbes can grow in your beer and ruin the flavor/character before it can properly ferment if you fail to sanitize properly.

Quote:
And another thing when theres 5 people say one thing and 5000 say something else Who am i supposed to believe? Like i said why wouldnt i question something? Thats not being closed minded like others keep spewing like a bad night in mexico! If i dont question things then what? I might as well throw caution and start eating off the sidewalk.
Questioning is awesome. Not reading the links given, then holding an opinion in the face of scientific fact (with no evidence to support your hunches) is not.

Fermenting: nothing
Lagering: Swarthy Satyr (traditional bock)
Bottled: Royal Goblin (Hoppy Hobgoblin rendition), Treasure Type "T" (oatmeal toffee stout), Enchantress (big Irish red ale), Frostfire (Oktoberfest), Thundersmoke brown ale
BamaRooster Likes This 
Old 02-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #103
BamaRooster
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewdad View Post
Because wild yeasts and other microbes can grow in your beer and ruin the flavor/character before it can properly ferment if you fail to sanitize properly.

Questioning is awesome. Not reading the links given, then holding an opinion in the face of scientific fact (with no evidence to support your hunches) is not.
+1 on this response

Old 02-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #104
LTownLiquorPig
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewdad View Post
You leave your American style partisan politics outta this! This is a beer forum!

Don't even break it out if you ain't gonna share.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #105
brushvalleybrewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
If pathogens dont grow on beer or in tell me this. Why do we sanitize everything? Why even bother?
Pathogens are infectious agents that cause disease in the host.

Spoilage organisms, on the other hand, cause off-flavors in your beer.

Acetobacter is a spoilage organism that will cause your beer to taste like vinegar.

If you have acetobacter bacteria on your carboy, and you sanitize it, you will kill the acetobacter bacteria and they will not spoil your beer.

Acetobacter is not a pathogen and many people eat vinegar regularly without getting sick and dying.

There are other examples, as well.

In a humble log cabin off an unregarded back road, somewhere, deep in the heart of Pennsylvania’s hill country, we find our intrepid hero — the Brush Valley Brewer.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #106
mtk6006
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 40

I do read the links forgive me if i miss one or two its kinda hard to keep up with everything b/c as soon as i type something 15 post have happened. Im not reading something that there girlfriends sisters mother father uncle said. I wanna here it from people that have had first hand experience and be able to trust that they are telling me the truth. And i know what your thinking as soon as i said that "why would i lie?" Well i personally dont know you people Have to see it from my perspective too. Road goes both ways. I can post any link or say anything that dont make it true. Just like the whole sulfur thing "YEAH YEAH NOT THIS AGAIN!" Some said dunkel smell like that others say no. What am i supposed to do with that? Either someone is doing something wrong or right. Let me ask ya this take two same beers one smelly ones not which one would you grab? 9 times out of 10 im betting the non smelly beer correct? What about growth too. Would you grab the beer with fuzz or the one without? If you say with fuzz and or smell well i just dont understand that. I want my beer to look and smell great!

I drink apple cider vinegar for ingestion(b/c those lil pieces of chalk GAG ME!) and it works great yeah i hear ya on the vinegar thing.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #107
DWavs
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
I do read the links forgive me if i miss one or two its kinda hard to keep up with everything b/c as soon as i type something 15 post have happened. Im not reading something that there girlfriends sisters mother father uncle said. I wanna here it from people that have had first hand experience and be able to trust that they are telling me the truth. And i know what your thinking as soon as i said that "why would i lie?" Well i personally dont know you people Have to see it from my perspective too. Road goes both ways. I can post any link or say anything that dont make it true. Just like the whole sulfur thing "YEAH YEAH NOT THIS AGAIN!" Some said dunkel smell like that others say no. What am i supposed to do with that? Either someone is doing something wrong or right. Let me ask ya this take two same beers one smelly ones not which one would you grab? 9 times out of 10 im betting the non smelly beer correct? What about growth too. Would you grab the beer with fuzz or the one without? If you say with fuzz and or smell well i just dont understand that. I want my beer to look and smell great!

I drink apple cider vinegar for ingestion(b/c those lil pieces of chalk GAG ME!) and it works great yeah i hear ya on the vinegar thing.
Revvy gave you links that have nothing to do with someone's girlfriends sisters mother father uncle stating it. I would imagine that is why people keep calling you out.

I am also curious about where these 5000 people are that you keep referring to that disagree with science?

Old 02-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #108
DWavs
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

As someone else stated, if I were a Mod I would be concerned that a beginner might take away some false information from this thread.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #109
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4471 Times on 3253 Posts
Likes Given: 870

This is like a bunch of third graders arguing.

Enough.

KrazyKajun Likes This 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply