The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Is this normal?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
Jefe73
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Is this normal?

All -

I just finished bottling my first Bavarian Hefe Weizen (NB Extract Kit) on Friday and upon inspection of the bottles today, I've noticed almost all of them have a large glob like object floating at the top. I take it this is just yeast that has clumped together and shouldn't be a problem...am I correct? I'm just looking for a little peace of mind that I haven't ruined this batch.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2708 Times on 1627 Posts
Likes Given: 3483

You got to witness what few of us have actually gotten to see (because we usually just bottle and stick them in the dark til they're ready instead of obsessively staring at them, ), a mini krauzen in your bottle....Your yeast is normally fermenting your priming sugar in the bottle, just like the yeast does in the fermenter (remember ale yeast is top fermenting) it will fall down over the next 3 weeks as it carbs and conditions...

Take a picture...I've never actually seen one!

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply