Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Noobs Pointless Post #3.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #21
cravej
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifteenTen View Post
What with your ability to keg 10 gallons of beer in a few hours, including prep and clean up.
I wouldn't want to cut down on your time as a 'brewer', but you can probably keg 10 gallons in less than a half hour.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2011, 03:26 PM   #22
Zixxer10R
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep1980 View Post
Kegging is also a real pain with beersmith. I mean, all the default aging periods are 30 days now, and every time I make a batch I have to go in and edit it to 1 day.

It just couldn't be more bothersome.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My GOSH that is TOO funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #23
Irishpenguin13
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr

I can just picture doing that with a keg. "Open wiiide!...incomiiiiing!".
I guess I can try the extremely long tubing approach. Wonder how I can make 45 miles of a tube from a keg to my sisters house.....hmmmm.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:11 PM   #24
Irishpenguin13
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

And one to my dad in tampa. Id better get to work

Old 06-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #25
brew2enjoy
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 31 Posts

I have been brewing for close to a year now and have bottled close to 10 batches so far. I just ordered my keg setup a few weeks ago and let me tell ya, I am relieved that I won't have to clean/sanitize all those bottles anymore. I will still do some bottling here and there for beers that need aging but the majority of beers that i brew are styles like APA's, IPA's ect.. that don't require a long aging period so they will be kegged.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #26
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1926 Times on 1694 Posts
Likes Given: 1428

After cleaning/de-labeling recycled bottles,all that needs to be done is blast'em clean in the sink after drinking,then hang'em on the bottle tree to dry before storing away in closed boxes.
Then on bottling day,a vinitor half full of star-san get's them ready for filling again. No sweat at all.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #27
MikeinCT
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

One bottle at a time:

After the bottles are delabeled it goes quicker. For me to sanitize (they are already clean) fill and cap 50 bottles it takes 2 hours or less. I like the individual bottle portions. So at this point I do not see myself kegging.

I also recommend Sam Adams commercial beer because A: I like the flavor - B: the labels come off easily.

cheers, Mike

Old 06-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #28
BigRock947

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I started bottling all my beers then I bought a keg system. After a couple of kegged beers, I went back to bottling. Beer in bottles is more portable for me plus if I had a keg on tap in my house I don't think I would get anything done.

Cheers,

Mark

Old 06-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #29
unionrdr
Wannabe author

Recipes 

Liked 1926 Times on 1694 Posts
Likes Given: 1428

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinCT View Post
One bottle at a time:

After the bottles are delabeled it goes quicker. For me to sanitize (they are already clean) fill and cap 50 bottles it takes 2 hours or less. I like the individual bottle portions. So at this point I do not see myself kegging.

I also recommend Sam Adams commercial beer because A: I like the flavor - B: the labels come off easily.

cheers, Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRock947 View Post
I started bottling all my beers then I bought a keg system. After a couple of kegged beers, I went back to bottling. Beer in bottles is more portable for me plus if I had a keg on tap in my house I don't think I would get anything done.
Good points I agree with. And the labels on Paulaner (Germany) come off several times faster than even SA's in some PBW! From setting up my bottling station,bottling,to clean up,takes about an hour,hour & a half. I fill bottles on top of my 12 pack cooler covered with a dish towel on my right. As is the bottling bucket/hose/wand set up. A squat,round table about 34" diameter in front of me to bottle/cap on,with a small round pot holder to keep bottles from sliding while capping.
I stop to cap every ten bottles or so,with the bottling wand propped up in a bottle instead of turning off the spigot. Less air in the line that way. Caps in a small glass bowl of star-san.
Bottle tree with sanitized bottles on a wooden chair to my left. Box for bottled beers on the floor in front of that. No reaching,stooping,etc. Just sit down,& bottle away. I gotta get a video of this soon...

Old 06-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #30
j1laskey
Recipes 

Liked 189 Times on 152 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I can't wait to keg my IIPA tonight...should only take about take about 15 mins....Then I can't wait until next weekend to drink it....but in the mean time I guess I can drink one of the other three beers I have on tap....oh.... then when I get done drinking those said beers I only have to wash one glass.

The Secretion Brewery

Let's think it over and stop making sense

Quick Reply