Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > NOOB ?'s - (kit directions)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
Tomas
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default NOOB ?'s - (kit directions)

I have the more beer! kit and its been a lot of fun doing my first batch. Unfortunately the directions really sputter out when it comes time for bottling. I've been all over the internet and am a little confused about a couple issues. First of all I used the american IPA kit and now I have 5 gallons of a very poo brown mix with 2 inches of sediment at the bottom and about 1.5" of foam at the top with little chunks of what appear to be hops interspersed in the foam. That sound OK? I neglected to take Gravity readings unfortunately.

Anyone have a link to learn how to post pictures? I tried search function but it wasn't too helpful

Last edited by Tomas; 01-02-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Yes it sounds like you are in mid fermentation...leave it alone for a couple of weeks...and it will be nice beer.

The foam on top is called Krauzen....it is what the yeast buiilt...as fermentation ceases it will fall clear to the bottom, taking all matter of gunk with it.

as to bottling this will help http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/revv...herwise-94812/

May I sugest you also read this online book, it will help. How to Brew - By John Palmer

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
hammer one

Recipes 

congradulations you're making beer! now buy a membership

Old 01-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
Tomas
Recipes 

Ok I will let it sit, been two weeks so far.
You guys have a link with instructions on posting pictures?

Thanks for the other links, and I have the book you mentioned. I would buy membership but I lost my job about 4 months ago and money is tight...but I can still make beer!!!

Old 01-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

If you have a photobucket or other pic hosting account you can post pics on here using the img tag in [***] Where img goes where the asteriks are and /img in the brackets at the end of the code of your pics...if you have photobucket though they usually provide you the link with img tags on it...

But we really don't need to see it, everything is fine...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply