Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Nonfermentable sugar

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #11
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

If you don't add it, the beer won't have the same sweet and creamy taste as the recipe is supposed to. So it won't be the same beer that they designed. And since you picked a recipe that was a coffee and CREAM stout, not adding it will mean all you have is a coffee stout. Which may or may not be overly bitter since the lactose was meant to counter the bitterness.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2011, 01:31 AM   #12
Mindhop
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

So add it with my priming sugar boil?

By the way Revvy thanks for helping me through all this. You are well respected throughout this whole site.

Lifting glass to you Revvy

Old 09-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #13
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindhop View Post
So add it with my priming sugar boil?
Yes. Take 2 cups of water, add both the priming sugar and this stuff to your pot, boil and cool, Start racking your beer into your bottling bucket, pour the solution into the bottom of the bucket, as you would normally.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply