The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > No shortage of recipes out there, but there's a resource I'm looking for...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #11
badducky
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Awesome! I'm ordering the book right now!

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #12
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4202 Times on 3059 Posts
Likes Given: 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfriesen View Post
I have been looking for something similar, and maybe it's in the literature. I don't know.

I want a breakdown of different styles as far as composition. Namely, I want to know typical grains appropriate for disperate styles, as well as the base percentages. Notes as far as suggestions for hops that are appropriate would also be nice.

So a recipe for and IPA would tell percentages for base malt, specialty grains, as well as suggested hops, just as a baseline for the style. Does such a resource exist? If so, where might I find it? If not, does it seem like a topic that could go in the wiki somewhere? I'm interested in formulating recipes, but would prefer to not have to wander around in the proverbial dark.

That's Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels! I still use it, and refer to it. Although, Ray told me last summer that he is working right now on a revision as it's a bit outdated but I haven't seen that he's completed the revision.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply