Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > No carbonation after 3 weeks in bottle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #11
Blender
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty3777 View Post
Sorry to jack this thread - is this an online radio program? Could you provide a link? I got as far as brew wiki but couldnt find any link to a radio program. thanks in advance!
You can download them or stream. Here you go >> http://www.basicbrewing.com/index.php?page=radio

Gary

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #12
fermenator
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty3777 View Post
Sorry to jack this thread - is this an online radio program? Could you provide a link? I got as far as brew wiki but couldnt find any link to a radio program. thanks in advance!
Basic Brewing Radio

James Spencer is the host, definitely worth listening to.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:18 PM   #13
zacster
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts

Since the consensus seems to be to just wait, I'll do that. I'll also give them a roll to stir them up a bit. I used mostly 22oz bottles so there aren't that many. The ones I tried yesterday though were the 12oz ones, figuring if it wasn't ready I wouldn't be wasting as much. I drank them anyway.

The bad news is that my wife doesn't like the bitter, hoppy taste, so she won't share my enthusiasm.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #14
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2731 Times on 1638 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacster View Post
Since the consensus seems to be to just wait, I'll do that. I'll also give them a roll to stir them up a bit. I used mostly 22oz bottles so there aren't that many. The ones I tried yesterday though were the 12oz ones, figuring if it wasn't ready I wouldn't be wasting as much. I drank them anyway.

The bad news is that my wife doesn't like the bitter, hoppy taste, so she won't share my enthusiasm.
Oh, well that's another reason...my 22's and pint bottles NORMALLY take longer to carb and condition than my 12'ounces. Remember we are dealing with yeasties doing our bidding, in larger volumes they have more sugarwater to chew through than in 12's.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #15
zacster
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts

I left the one 6 pack in the fridge so I tried another one a few days later. When I opened the bottle it made a nice pfffft, and when I poured it had a 1/4" head and had nice small bubbles up the side. And it tasted GREAT. This was the beer I was trying to make. Very hoppy, bitter, extremely alcoholic.

So its off to the store to get some decent craft beers to tide me over while I let the rest condition. Stone Ruination IPA is my current fave, which is why I made this clone.

Quick Reply