Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > No beer for me :(

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2011, 01:53 AM   #1
trizzant
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default No beer for me :(

I had surgery on my nose on Friday (Deviated Septum) and I have not had a beer since. I still have 5 days left on my antibiotics. 10 days without a beer. I'm 35 and I cannot remember a time since I was a teen that I haven't had a beer. What's weird is I've been on antibiotics before and I don't remember not drinking. This time I decided to look up (Keflex) online and see what the side effects were with beer and I'm getting everything from "nothing" to "coma". I really hate the Internet sometimes.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011, 01:58 AM   #2
Gridlocked
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 27

That sucks but it's probably good for you.

Sweetcel: "try this, it was dry-hopped with a lot of climax."

Old 02-23-2011, 02:02 AM   #3
passedpawn
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3058 Times on 1925 Posts
Likes Given: 2594

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzant View Post
online and see what the side effects were with beer and I'm getting everything from "nothing" to "coma". I really hate the Internet sometimes.
Actually, those are the side effects from beer alone.

Good luck with your forced exile. Can't wait to hear about the happy return to your favorite beverage.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:05 AM   #4
bovineblitz
Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 37

How bad is that surgery? I think I might need it myself..

Old 02-23-2011, 02:17 AM   #5
tchuklobrau
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Ok there are many on this site whe have rn status, however my bf is a nurse. He said 90% of antibiotics only have a decrased effect if you drink alot. 1-2 per night should not make a difference on most antibiotics u can take. IT IS GETTING DRUNK while on them that matters the most.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:18 AM   #6
fezzersc
Recipes 

Time to brew a surplus

Primary
Nightman Pale Ale (Always Sunny ref)
Hans Guck-in-die-Luft Apfelwein (3 Gal)

Bottled
Gator Piss Ale
In Your Pocket Hefe-Weizen

Old 02-23-2011, 02:59 AM   #7
trizzant
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovineblitz View Post
How bad is that surgery? I think I might need it myself..
Surgery wasn't bad, I was knocked out for the whole thing. I went in at 10am and was out by 1pm. I do however have two splints (hard tubes) up my nose and a stitch going between my nostrils. It kinda hurts but nothing major. Thankfully they come out tomorrow morning. The last 5 days have sucked, truthfully. It's been very hard to sleep because the moment I fall asleep I start to snore and wake up. I found that if I shoved gauze up my nose and taped it all shut I could fall asleep if I was partially sitting up. Luckily that has worked and I'm not going insane. I'll let you know tomorrow how I feel after I can finally breath through my nose. I'm really exited, from what I hear I'll have more energy from simply being able to breath through my nose properly. Bad sinuses and allergies are something I was born with so I really have nothing to compare it too yet.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:08 AM   #8
ksbrain
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Did you at least get some good pain killers, in lieu of beer?

Old 02-23-2011, 03:12 AM   #9
Mermaid
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Yow!! and I noted that you're in Arizona, where you don't have as many fornicating plants and the dreaded mold spores. I have the immune system of my Polish "work til you die" ancestors, and since cutting WAY back on dairy foods I don't have nearly as many sinus problems as I used to, but I've got the deviated septum as well. If the "good side" gets inflamed then I becoome very unpleasant to be around. Still not nearly as bad as The Boyfriend, who avoids doctors and instead just makes that horrible throat clearing sound all the time, and when the sinuses get really bad, he throws up from the junk in his throat.

So many sympathetic nods from this corner of the world. I'm sure the hassle you're going through now will definitely pay off in the long run. Being able to breathe is um... important

-------------------------
Primary: Empty
Secondary: Empty!
an empty fermenter is a sad fermenter
Bottled: Nut brown ale, Bink blond clone (she's a bitter Belgian!) Belgian Wit, several other tasty beers that have since been consumed!
On deck: TBD

Old 02-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #10
trizzant
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzant View Post
Surgery wasn't bad, I was knocked out for the whole thing. I went in at 10am and was out by 1pm. I do however have two splints (hard tubes) up my nose and a stitch going between my nostrils. It kinda hurts but nothing major. Thankfully they come out tomorrow morning. The last 5 days have sucked, truthfully. It's been very hard to sleep because the moment I fall asleep I start to snore and wake up. I found that if I shoved gauze up my nose and taped it all shut I could fall asleep if I was partially sitting up. Luckily that has worked and I'm not going insane. I'll let you know tomorrow how I feel after I can finally breath through my nose. I'm really exited, from what I hear I'll have more energy from simply being able to breath through my nose properly. Bad sinuses and allergies are something I was born with so I really have nothing to compare it too yet.
I've had the splints out for 6 hours now and I feel like a new person. I have never breathed through my nose like this before. If anyone has trouble breathing through their nose I highly recommend getting an appointment with an ear, nose, and throat doctor and get it fixed. Assuming you have insurance or the ability to fork over 3K. I ended up paying $299 with a $35 copay and insurance covering 90%.

Also I GET TO DRINK BEER AGAIN!!!! Doctors orders. He said a couple of beers isn't going to hurt anything. What a great guy

Quick Reply