This is my second batch of Dead Ringer IPA. This is a 1 gallon batch in a 6.5gal bucket. Brew date was aug 17th and Fermentation ceased already. 5 gallons took much longer. Should I bottle now or wait out a full month like the 5 gal recipe? I'm just concerned about the 5.5 gallons of air in the fermentor. (I bought 1 ga kit on accident)
You really don't have 5.5 gallons of air, you have mostly CO2 in there so don't worry so much. Your beer can wait or you can bottle it if your 2 hydrometer tests 3 days apart match showing that fermentation is done.