Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Nice Irish Stout Kit- Guinness like

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
elmiguel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Nice Irish Stout Kit- Guinness like

Hi all,

I am gonna buy a new Irish Stout kit. I have done a Coopers Pale Ale (dissapointing) a Coopers Wheat( acceptable) and a brewferm triple (still aging, but looking good) . To change a bit I would like to buy the best Irish Stout kit...get something as similar as possible to Guinness...well, I know, but lets say in general a nice Irish Stout.

So far I saw good reviews on the Milestone Black Pearl, anyone has experience with it? There is a Coopers Irisk Stout also. Here we have access here to mainly Brewferm, Coopers, Milestone, Muntons, Simply and Woodfordes kits

Thanks a lot.

"I spent 90% of my money on women, drink and fast cars. The rest I wasted" - George Best

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4359 Times on 3169 Posts
Likes Given: 848

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmiguel View Post
Hi all,

I am gonna buy a new Irish Stout kit. I have done a Coopers Pale Ale (dissapointing) a Coopers Wheat( acceptable) and a brewferm triple (still aging, but looking good) . To change a bit I would like to buy the best Irish Stout kit...get something as similar as possible to Guinness...well, I know, but lets say in general a nice Irish Stout.

So far I saw good reviews on the Milestone Black Pearl, anyone has experience with it? There is a Coopers Irisk Stout also. Here we have access here to mainly Brewferm, Coopers, Milestone, Muntons, Simply and Woodfordes kits

Thanks a lot.
I've never heard of some of those kits, but I've never had good results with any cooper's, Brewferm, or Munton's kits.

I'd suggest not using a "kit" and instead buying some extract and steeping grains, and hops. Like this: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/irish-car-bomb-stout-159509/ (Skip the Jameson's and vanilla- and just do the brew without those additions).
That would be my first choice, instead of a Cooper's type pre-hopped extract kit.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply