Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > A Newbie's First Brew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #11
Junebug
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Welcome aboard! It's nice to see another woman brewer on the site. I suspect you'll be moving on to regular brewing equipment shortly, but I've heard that the plastic "Mr. Beer" keg can be used as a smaller apfelwein fermenter...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2007, 02:16 AM   #12
Silviakitty

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug
Welcome aboard! It's nice to see another woman brewer on the site. I suspect you'll be moving on to regular brewing equipment shortly, but I've heard that the plastic "Mr. Beer" keg can be used as a smaller apfelwein fermenter...
Are women brewers a rare breed? Yay for nonconformity!

I'm thinking after the holidays and after I've used up the few Mr Beer refills that I ordered (that are now sitting in the apartment complex office...they arrived while I was at work and I couldn't get them. Oh, the humanity!), I'll move on to bigger and better. I'm thinkin the little guys'll be great for apfelwein (I read the recipe yesterday and it sounded aaawesome) and mead.

You guys have been great, by the way. one of the mellower 'hobby boards' I've been a part of.

• Primary: [2 mr beer lil keg things] Apfelwein. One with sucrose and molasses, the other with fructose and honey.
  • Better Bottle: Empty. Going to be Cheesefood's Caramel Cream Ale.
  • Carboy:empty.
  • Secondary:Brewferm Frambois
  • Piggie: Irish Stout
  • Bottled: Red Ale, Irish Stout

Old 12-01-2007, 03:36 AM   #13
Nurmey
I love making Beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silviakitty
Are women brewers a rare breed? Yay for nonconformity!
Not a rare as you would think.
Got into it with my hubby and our best friend but I'm the one gets to tell them what to do and why we are doing it. It's not that I'm bossy (well, not too bossy) but I'm the one who has gotten into it the most by researching and reading. I tell them what we're making and they get to drink it so it works pretty good for them.

Quick Reply