*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Newbie to the site, havent brewed in 8 years.HELP?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 09:43 PM   #11
mizzoueng
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

welcome back! If you are going to go all grain, maybe start with a pale ale or an IPA. Easy enough and hard to mess up, especially the IPA if you are a hophead.

A stout is in my future. Then an Impy stout...........

Primary 1: Empty
Primary 2: Empty
Primary 3: Empty
Secondary 1: Empty
Secondary 2: Empty
Conditioning: Tradition IPA, Sweet Mead, Strawberry Melomel, and Raspberry Melomel
Drinking: MW Irish Red Ale, Lawnmower de Saison
Planning: Maple Syrup Mead

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 PM   #12
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Welcome back.

I've been brewing DME for 13 years.

AG doesn't scare me, but I just don't think the return on investment (ROI) is warranted.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:32 PM   #13
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4504 Times on 3276 Posts
Likes Given: 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlytman
Thanks for the replies...................I looked at the only store that carries any supplies in town today and was bummed out. a dozen canned kits that look like they have been in stock since the last time I brewed. All of the hops laying out pn a shelf and nopt in the cooler like they used to be. The whole display (in a natural foods store) was about 4 feet wide stuffed in a corner. I feel I am going to have to order online!
I order my stuff online, too. I highly recommend austinhomebrew.com, morebeer.com and northern brewer. I had great experience with AHB's customer service when I had a (small) problem and I've ordered from them many times.

You can buy an extract kit and it comes with steeping grains and all you need for a batch of beer and they come out really, really good! Shipping at AHB is a flat rate of $5.99 and shipping from morebeer.com is free if you spend $60.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:13 AM   #14
surlytman
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper Chick
I order my stuff online, too. I highly recommend austinhomebrew.com, morebeer.com and northern brewer. I had great experience with AHB's customer service when I had a (small) problem and I've ordered from them many times.

You can buy an extract kit and it comes with steeping grains and all you need for a batch of beer and they come out really, really good! Shipping at AHB is a flat rate of $5.99 and shipping from morebeer.com is free if you spend $60.
Cool, I have family in Mpls and ordered a catalog from Northern today, I also have pals in Austin that I will see in a few weeks, might have them pick up an order for me. I also found lots of hardware I have broken or lost................time to invest

Quick Reply