Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Newbie Question (bottling)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2010, 01:10 AM   #1
JoeyK
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Newbie Question (bottling)

I have several empty Growler Jugs, just wondering if I could use them? Very new stupid question mabe. But I am afraid they won't seal

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2728 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

This might give you an idea...."Growler goes Boom"

There's a tons of threads on this. You have to realize that they are meant to hold already carbonated beer, NOT beer carbonating, where the pressure is built up the forces itself into solution. Some folks will say they have no problem, but others will say differently. To me, I sure as heck wouldn't want to play Russian Roulette with my beer.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-12-2010, 01:20 AM   #3
step
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Had some ginger beer that I "bottled" in a growler that BLEW UP in the middle of the night about six months ago and I am still finding little bits of glass in that closet.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:24 AM   #4
JoeyK
Recipes 

Thank you. Both of you answered my question. Back to my Sam Adams bottle Collection

Old 12-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
mfraier
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Have neighbors and friends save their empties for you. My friends say its giives them an extra excuse to drink beer.

Quick Reply