Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Newbie quesion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
sdj2289
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Newbie quesion

My first two brews have been bottled for 2.5 weeks now and I am happy with the carbonation. One beer (red ale from Brewers Best) is a little watery and the other (AHS Blue Moon Belgian white clone) tastes amazing... At this point being happy with carbonation is it best to continue to store the beer at 70 deg or to store at cooler temp while I wait for the red ale's watery taste to improve? Also how long should I let the natural carbed beer chill in fridge before consuming? Thx you for any help

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1843 Times on 1625 Posts
Likes Given: 1315

Give it more time to condition. Conditioning takes at least another week in my experiences after carbonation is achieved. Two weeks in the fridge gives thicker head & longer lasting carbonation. By thicker I mean smaller bubbles in the carbonaiton,& thus in the head,which will be denser/creamier.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
F250
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdj2289 View Post
My first two brews have been bottled for 2.5 weeks now and I am happy with the carbonation. One beer (red ale from Brewers Best) is a little watery and the other (AHS Blue Moon Belgian white clone) tastes amazing... At this point being happy with carbonation is it best to continue to store the beer at 70 deg or to store at cooler temp while I wait for the red ale's watery taste to improve? Also how long should I let the natural carbed beer chill in fridge before consuming? Thx you for any help
I can only tell you what I've noticed and do. I let mine condition for 3 weeks then chill a 6er for a week, usually at this point they're pretty good, but most if not all seem to benefit from an additional week or so at 70 degrees.

Rick

Primary - Big Pale Citra Ale (AG)(1.063)
Secondary - Bitter (AG)
Bottled - Best Bitter, Bitter, SNPA clone
On deck - Tank #7 clone.

Quick Reply