New Mash Tun!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbzdel

Reaction score
I just picked up a used 10 gallon Home Depot already converted mash tun. It has a stainless steel ball valve and a domed false bottom. Looks great!! I was using a 5 gallon Lowes cooler converted with a brass ball valve and stainless braid, and doing batch sparing.

I am limited on my storage space so I am debating what to do with my 5 gallon. I have a friend that is getting into home brew but low on finds so I could donate it to him.

Do I really have any reason to keep my 5 gallon if I plan on batch sparging with my new 10 gallon?

If you keg you could turn it into a jockey box for portable keg serving.

I vote give it to your friend, tell him to give you beer later for payment :D Its always nice to have other friends who brew so you can taste their beers instead of everyone trying yours

Is this a round 5 gal cooler? I have a blue Lowes round 5-gal and it nests perfectly inside my orange Home Depot cooler. Saves a ton of space.

EDIT: Of course, you have to remove the ball valve from the bulkhead on the Lowe's cooler. Then it fits.

Latest posts

Back