Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > New Equipment

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
Sirgallahad
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default New Equipment

Hey guys!

I have been interested in brewing for a while, and I might have my first opportunity at brewing in larger quantity if I can receive the investment from my friend's company and the proper licensing soon (both should be completed in a few weeks). Now that I'm getting ready to be able to sell my beer, I need to find better equipment to brew more than a standard Mr.Beer set. If anyone knows any sites that are good to look at (I'm looking namely for quality of product, but also price and reliability, too), I'd appreciate a point in the right direction of buying better equipment. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
Zen_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Are you saying you are making a jump from Mr Beer right to professional brewer?
That is a bold leap. Congratulations on your opportunity. Here is a link to a classified board for professional brewery equipment. http://probrewer.com/vbulletin/forum...php?forumid=26

If that is larger than you are looking for you can look up the Sabco and Brew Magic systems, as well as watching classifieds are this and other active brewing forums.

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness

Old 10-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
malweth
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Awesome!
Good luck with the investors and putting it all together. It sounds like a huge undertaking.

[Carboy #1] "Oud Renard Rood" Flanders Red
[Carboy #2] Whitewood 12° Abt
[Carboy #3] Opus Mosaic Brown

[On Tap (Keg)]
(L) Shut De Do (Belgian Golden Strong / Tripel)
(R)
(on deck) Pineapple Wine
(on deck) Russian Imperial Stout (1 year aged)

Old 10-05-2011, 12:50 AM   #4
upperNY01brewer
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Really ?

Old 10-05-2011, 02:37 AM   #5
ziggy13
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I wish you only the best but I might suggest getting a little bit more experience under your belt before you start trying to sell beer. We have 30 batches under our belt and I would not quite yet feel comfortable marketing my beer professionally.

If you're serious though I would invest in 3 stainless kegs. 1 for a brew pot, 1 for a mash tun and 1 for a hot liquor tank. You'll need some propane burners and tanks as well as a false bottom, 3 ball valves, a 50 foot stainless or copper wort chiller, a bunch of carboys and various other stuff. Then you'll need a co2 tank, a regulator and a bunch of kegs. Since you've already got some Mr. Beer experience, why not jump right into all grain?

Quick Reply