Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > New Columbus, Ohio Homebrew Site

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
ryank020
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default New Columbus, Ohio Homebrew Site

Found this article about a new homebrew store/brewery in Columbus. Figured it would be good for new homebrewers, those who have small places to brew (apartments) and when SWMBO kicks you out of the kitchen.

http://www.columbusunderground.com/b...pt-to-columbus

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #2
BradleyBrew
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 16

thanks for the article. I know its been discussed on this site a few times. It just doesn't seem like a feasible business plan to me (the brew-on-premise idea). I would never brew my beer somewhere other then my house or a friends.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:39 AM   #3
mpenn35
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

I could see how it would be cool for some people, but I like brewing at home and having my beer fermenting where I can keep an eye on it. Also, for now anyway, five gallon batches are about as big as I want to do. Most of the fun for me is the actual brewing process, and brewing often enough that I can try new things and tinker around with it. I don't want to brew once and have 140 bottles of beer out of it...I'd only be able to brew once every few months or I'd have to build a storage shed for all that beer.

Primary: Cream Ale
Secondary: Empty
Bottled: Wheat, Stout, Chocolate Milk Stout, Dubbel Trouble, Extra Special Bitter, Strawberry Blonde, Oatmeal Stout
On deck: Maple Stout, Milk Stout, Black IPA

Bring the Cup to Philly

Old 03-16-2012, 03:44 AM   #4
2ned-up
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

[QUOTE="ryank020"]Found this article about a new homebrew store/brewery in Columbus. Figured it would be good for new homebrewers, those who have small places to brew (apartments) and when SWMBO kicks you out of the kitchen.

http://www.columbusunderground.com/b...pt-to-columbus[/QUOTE

We have a place in new Hampshire called incredabrew where you brew your beer and it cost like $120 for a 10 gallon batch! STUPID...... oh btw what does SWMBO mean?

"Wow that Bud Light was the best beer I've ever had!" said no one ever!

Old 03-16-2012, 03:53 AM   #5
mpenn35
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank020
oh btw what does SWMBO mean?
She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Primary: Cream Ale
Secondary: Empty
Bottled: Wheat, Stout, Chocolate Milk Stout, Dubbel Trouble, Extra Special Bitter, Strawberry Blonde, Oatmeal Stout
On deck: Maple Stout, Milk Stout, Black IPA

Bring the Cup to Philly

Old 03-16-2012, 04:00 AM   #6
pickles
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I have friend in the Fisher Business College at OSU and said Gavin came in to pitch his plan and look for investors. Apparently the brewing area design is setup in a way to encourage conversation between the different brewing groups. They also will have a pub. I'm personally not sure of how good the idea is; but Brew Kettle in Strongsville is pretty successful. Grandview is definately a hot spot in the Columbus area. Eh, who knows; sounds like a lot of babysitting to me.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
ntalkers
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickles View Post
I have friend in the Fisher Business College at OSU and said Gavin came in to pitch his plan and look for investors. Apparently the brewing area design is setup in a way to encourage conversation between the different brewing groups. They also will have a pub. I'm personally not sure of how good the idea is; but Brew Kettle in Strongsville is pretty successful. Grandview is definately a hot spot in the Columbus area. Eh, who knows; sounds like a lot of babysitting to me.
The Brew Kettle also makes some awesome beers. White Rajah IPA is one of my faves!

Old 03-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
onthekeg
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I have never been to a BOP, but since they only have kettles, are you limited to extract only?

Old 03-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #9
OSUmoney83
Recipes 

Location: In the heart of buckeye nation, now (2012) in Scottsdale, Arizona
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I love to see this happening in columbus. I think it's great that they added the pub and home brew store which can carry the Brew On Premises Idea.

I got my start at the Wine Makers Shop just North of these guys on High st. They didn't carry much besides kits, but it was a start. What a difference having a beer focused HBS now in AZ.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
pickles
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthekeg View Post
I have never been to a BOP, but since they only have kettles, are you limited to extract only?
Its my understanding that the architect designed brewing sculptures that allowed people to converse while brewing. It seemed to be AG.

Quick Reply