Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > For the new brewers (including myself)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 12:12 PM   #1
Xiren
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default For the new brewers (including myself)

Monday I made a kolsch with liquid yeast and I made a starter with it as well. After all was put into the fermenter, I did not see anything for a day and a half. Last night I checked on it and still nothing, but for some reason, an hour later I checked again, I saw the starting of the foam and bubbles. I was worried that something was wrong and wanted to know if I should pitch some more yeast or what. I have read a few posts of other people worried about their beer and reading "Just wait a few days..." so I took that advice. Today, there are even more bubbles, 2-3 within 15 seconds and more foam as well.
I have really learned a lot from these forums. Thank you everyone for your advice/information.

Brew On!

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist.
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #2
ArroganceFan
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Waiting is the hardest part, because all you can do is think about all the things you "might" have screwed up.

Grats on your first batch, be sure to let us know how it turns out

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Primary: Fat Tire clone
Secondary: Summit IPA
On Tap: Edwort's Apfelwein
Up Next: Blue Moon clone, Muddy Waters Ale
Coming Soon: Geforce Shugga

Old 07-20-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
Speranza
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yeah my current brew is using a kolsch yeast and its on week 2 of fermenting! Oh well it looks like it will be well worth the wait.

Tiny bubbles... In my beer... Makes me happy... Makes me want to cheer!

Quick Reply