Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > New Batch hit 82 degrees. Did I kill Yeast?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
tre9er
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

You probably have a ton of yeast byproducts in there from the spike in temp. They'll clean up a lot of it. Good idea on locking it away for a while, preferably in the 60's, and forgetting about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
sheeshomatic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomToro View Post
I checked yesterday and:

sg @ 1030
Smells great
Tastes like sewage.

I'm going to put it out of sight for three weeks and check again. Thanks for the help, Folks.
Yeah, don't do that. I don't care if your temps were pefect. 3 day old beer almost always tastes like sewage. Yeast make a big mess of things in the first week and then they come back in like good little doozers and sweep up all their garbage. Your beer will be fine.

On Tap at DWB
#1 - Seamus Stout
#2 - The Darling - Clementine Hefeweizen
Conditioning/Fermenting
#1 - Breakfast of Champions
#2 - Four Horsemen Imperial IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply